THIS SUGGESTION WILL BE OBSOLETE AFTER THE UPDATE THAT REPLACES SAFEZONES WITH SHIELDS
I’ve noticed multiple situations where having an extra utility safe zone would be very useful, so here’s my idea:
( ^ click to enlarge image ^ )
- 1 per player
- Around 70 meter maximum radius
- No MK or ADV tiers
- For Large Grids only
- 360 ADV Components or ADV Transmitter
- 100 Pirate Components
- 1,100 Palladium Components
- 3,250 Screws
- 9,800 Power Cores
- 40 Safe Zone Chips
- 120 Computers
- 80 Metal Grids
- 20 Motors
- 10 Gravity Comps.
- 180 Construction Comps.
- 800 Steel Plates
These component costs should make it difficult to make an Auxiliary Safe Zone for new or restarting players, requiring them to progress far enough or receive help from a friendly faction. Making them “unlockable” in a sense.
- For your capital ship when your on tour away from your primary base.
- Satellite installations or mobile gun defense platforms.
- Planet side factories or storage facilities apart from your primary base if its out in space.
- Protecting your carrier ship when you leave it in orbit to scout a planet for ores with a smaller ship.
Having these extra safety options could help encourage player retention through upgrade and extra project interests longevity.
Activation Time and Upkeep Costs:
5min activation time would help with mobile safety applications, but still provide a window of vulnerability.
- New information provided requires a longer activation time of 10mins or longer.
- Upkeep costs can either be safe zone chips, or rebel components (Rebels Safe Zone)
- You could just use the same safe zone block model. Or make something smaller to match it’s small nature, up to you.
That’s it for this suggestion, thank you o/